Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Choosing...Mother's Day

Well as most of us know, it is Mother's Day on Sunday, and I must say that its not a holiday I relish anymore. Why you ask? Well it makes me long for my Mother...who died 15 months ago today.
Now you're probably wondering why I started my entry in such a depressing way? Well I have come to the conclusion that Mothers Day doesn't have to be a day of grief and loss, it can be a day of Joy, Rememberence and Hope, if I choose to view it that way.
On Sunday I am going to choose to remeber the absolutley terrific person Linda was. The ways that she made me laugh, her georgeous voice when she sang in Church...the favorite meals she made for me when I came home to visit, her smile and twinkling brown eyes. I will also remeber the advice she gave, things like, put God first, a job worth doing, is worth doing right, and anyone can be a friend.

I will have joy simply because I was blessed to have Linda in my life and that she chose me to be her daughter....(I was a foster kid), it's not often one gets to be chosen by one so special.

But more than that I have hope. Hope that one day that I'll be a mother to a daughter, and that my child will also learn the same lessons from me, that I was taught by my mother. My most precious hope however, lies in the promise that my mother and I will meet again in the presence of the Heavenly Father.
What a reunion that'll be!!!

So I am choosing to make Sunday a day of rememberance, joy and hope!

No comments: